Friday, October 25, 2013

No End in Sight (2007)


No End in Sight is a documentary about the war in Iraq.  It addresses the event prior to the war, including military events during the 1990s.  It also talks about what happened during and after the war.  I chose to watch this because the Iraqi War happened when I was in high school and I didn’t pay a lot attention to what was going on.
I felt it was a pretty effective documentary.  Most of the interviewees were people who were directly involved with the conflict.  They talked about their experiences and gave the documentary clout.  The film was fair in what it was trying to do and I did not feel manipulated.  There were a few people who refused to be interviewed.  And there were one or two that, as the film would say, were in “the wrong” but they did not have much to say.
But, I thought it was extremely interesting to see who actually was in charge of things.  There were many people who were there to do good things and help out.  They were there in Iraq and saw what was happening.  But, it seemed like that all of the main people who made decisions did not consult with those who really knew.  They already had their minds made.  It strikes me as really odd that they were able to make those important decisions without having to consult with those who were there.
This is an important documentary because it looks at a major recent event.  And it handles truthfully.  However, I did feel it was a little boring.  But I feel that is more my own fault as opposed to the documentary as I am not much into politics.  The film had excellent footage that was shot during the military operation and had people who were actually there to interview; but it wasn’t my personal cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment